Ok, so it happened again! Time has passed by so fast and I just realized its been MONTHS since I posted here. So lets do some catching.
- I am currently typing with one finger on my right hand and this is a bit awkward! More on this…lol
- My nephew and neice welcomed their awesome little bundle of joy into this crazy messed up world earlier this year… Little Carter!
- my mom got really sick from her covid shot but is doing really well now. A couple of my nephews got Covid and another niece, but all have recovered. PHEW!
- hubby and I both received our vaccines and are doing well.
- both our boys bought their first homes.
- Brenny is expecting to be a grannie within the next month!!!
So basically that is it…lots of good stuff going on and very happy that we are all healthy . Back to me typing with one finger…well… I got trigger finger and this nasty stuff called Dupuytren’s. You can click on the link if you want to learn more about it. The surgery was no fun, but I know the end results are worth it. I had this lump on the palm of my hand and it hurt everytime it got bumped…thought it was maybe a cyst. That thought/hope rapidly disappeared when I saw what the dr removed…he showed me…and all I could say was…oh thats not a cyst!!! But I knew there was a chance it was the other… its HIGHLY genetic and goes as far back as the Vikings. I had no idea! My mom has it and my gramps had it.. only makes sense that I would get it. So far I am the only one out of 4 of us….but my younger sister is having pain in her hands so it could be the beginning signs. Anywhooo…
I took 2 weeks off to recover from this so, hubby and I decided to take a mini vacation. Its been at least 2 years since we have done anything together. He is currently unemployed but has been offered a job starting next month…so things are looking good.
I got the surgery on the 13th, we (meaning hubby) drove to the coast on the 15th and stayed at our favorite BNB for 3 nights. It was a bit rough going with my hand having to be elevated and my fingers being all puffy. We still enjoyed being outside and walking all over the place. Unfortunately we did not go to the botanical gardens. It was packed….and you had to purchase tickets in advance. We could have done it…but my hand told me not this time. And my back was not quite happy either….another story but no need for that!
As you see, hand surgery didnt stop me from a little playtime!!! Its a bit awkward using my left hand to paint, and brushing my teeth…weird…just weird!!!
finally cut my crazy covid hair…still crazy…but less wooly!!!LOL
Soooo.. today is a good day! Sunny, the birds are out singing, my cats are happy we are home, hubby is playing his games on his ipad…yes, its my fault…he got my old ipad pro and i got a new one...and the ipad is more fun to play games on than his old kindle…LOL
So thats it for now… I can go on and on, but this has taken me like 2 hrs to type and correct and type and correct…you get what Im sayin!!!!
Thank you for listening to the blah blah blah and enjoy the rest of your day!
Its been way to long since I have written. I had these great ideas and plans, but life can get in the way! So, I am here sitting in my nice quiet home gathering up my thoughts and putting some new project ideas in my mind for next year. Hubby had lost his job about a month ago, so he had a mini vacation is what we call it. Sitting on his behind playing his games..LOL But he did get some things done around the house as long as I cracked the whip…HAHAHA. Today he is working again, but its a temporary job which he is at high risk for getting the “germs”. But we are hopeful that with all the PPE protocols that are in place will keep him and the others safe.
Our youngest just purchased his first home, and boy what a challenge that has been. I think the inspectors received a kickback of some kind because there is so much wrong with that house, I am amazed at what is acceptable. Bad wiring, broken garage door, dry rot in some spots, a broken gate…and there is still a possibility that the fence posts were just dropped in the ground…still need to check further on that….yes, that all passed the inspection. Hubby has been helping our son during his vacation time/no job…and has been working of repairing these issues.. Hubby is a Navy trained electrician so that helps! But overall the house seems to be ok, its just the pile of little things that can become bigger things…and I do hope the little things stay that way~
Our oldest passed his bar exam in Portland and hopefully will find a job locally. In the meantime he is still working out of Maryland via at home. He is safe and healthy and is staying warm… His hair is long though…and its just like mine! Hehehe…so he has the lovely locks sprouting from the top of his head!
So that is my little update on our life here in NorCal. No more fires for now, just cold crisp air and people shopping as if there is no pandemic. We are supposed to be on a lock down in our county, we all got the call. But I get it…we all need to feel like life is normal. I have discovered instacart…my new best friend!!! I paint, and watch stuff on Netflix. Do a little marco polo with my sisters and talk on the phone with my parents and friends… and facetime my brother. Oh and of course talk with our boys though hangouts. I am considered an essential worker, so I do go to my job on a daily basis. Ohh…and the fun news about my job!!!! I get to learn 3D printing…Oh yeah!!! I am excited to dig in… As you may not know, I work in Special Education, with assistive technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for our department to create adaptive materials for our student population.
Merry Christmas my friends! Stay safe!
Art Bundle For Good #5
UPDATE~ I am soooo happy to see so many new “i’m-perfection perfection peeps” joining this artistic adventure. I appreciate all of you who are taking my course!
Monday is the last day to grab this bundle for good! My how time flies!!!
Art Bundle of Good #5 is HERE!!!.
This is the best deal in online art classes you will find. There are more than 75 artists contributing 100+ art courses and resources with a value of over $4000!
25% of the profits from the sale are going of Courageous Kitchen, a Bangkok based charity helping refugees.
Visit the website to enter the Art Giveaway. Three lucky people will win the entire bundle of art resources!
I just wanted to say thanks to John for putting together such a great Art Bundle for Good. There are so many great resources in this bundle that cover a wide variety of art interests. And the inclusion of some course sites is fantastic because it enables you to select courses that will improve your skills in any areas you select. On top of that, the bundle comes at a great price and it’s supporting a charity as well. Seriously, what more could you want!
I signed up for the Art Bundle for Good this spring, and was immediately exposed to a lot of courses I would never have heard about otherwise. I was so taken with a couple of the instructors that I signed on for additional courses after I participated in the Bundle for Good!
I have greatly enjoyed the art bundle. It is just what I needed to create a creative spark and get me back into my studio. I spent most of my time doing the tutorials from Pencil King and the paint alongs with Willowing Arts and Tracy Verdugo. Everything has been easy to access and really just helped me loosen back up and get back into the practice of making art daily.
My thoughts on your ART BUNDLE are …… it’s phenomenal. I’m very skeptical and usually ignore those types of offers, but it has given me the opportunity to connect with new artists that I would not have found otherwise. It’s truly a remarkable opportunity to connect with an art community that might not be found otherwise. It has provided a fabulous opportunity for learning and inspiration…..and fun!
You get two projects, Chaos and Chaos 2. These are very intuitive creations which I share the process of making. Here are examples of the underlayers!
- Happy Houses (Tamara Laporte – willowing.org) Value $23
- Jump Into Abstract Painting (Tracy Verdugo – tracyverdugo.com) Value $27
- Any Two Mini Online Course of Your Choice (Flora Bowley – florabowley.com) Value $72
- Graffiti Girl (Mary Beth Shaw – stencilgirlstudio.com) Value $19
- Little Book of Whispers (Laly Mille – lalymille.com) Value $79
- Figures in the Mist Watercolour (Colin Bradley – colinbradleyart.com) Value $13
- Whispers of Nature (Katrina Koltes – katrinakoltes.com) Value $72
- Petit Papillon (Olga Furman – olgafurmanart.com) Value $44
- Draw Owls: Designed for the Dark (Val Webb – valwebb.wordpress.com) Value $40
- Sun, Snow & Flowers in Watercolor (Angela Fehr – learn.angelafehr.com) Value $39
- Illuminated Pages April (Renata Loree – renataloree.com) Value $45
- Finding Joy in Abstraction (Dina Wakley – dinawakley.com) Value $30
- Queen of the Scene – Bee Queen (Andrea Gomoll – andrea-gomoll.de) Value $20
- The Beauty of Black & White (Juna Biagioni – junabiagioni.com) Value $34
- Watercolour Fast and Loose (Andy Walker – artclasspro.com) Value $40
- Darling Human Art Journaling E-Course (Effy Wild – effybird.com) Value $99
- Loose & Sketchy Abstract Blooms (Jessica Sanders – colormecreativeart.com) Value $25
- Angel Wings Constellations (Kassi Martin – kassimartin.com) Value $194
- Past, Present & Future Self – Mixed Media Class (Iris Fritschi-Cussens – create.iris-impressions.com) Value $27
- Activating The Canvas (Nancy Hillis -com) Value $197
- Watercolor Pixie (Jenny Manno – jennymanno.com) Value $30
- Field Pumpkins On Pastelmat (John Middick – sharpenedartist.com) Value $79
- Faces of Flow – Black on White (Jenny Grant – com) Value $25
- Fanning the Flames of Fall – Watercolour for Beginners (Alison Fennell – thepotteringartist.co.uk) Value $80
- How to Add Power to Your Paintings (Malcolm Dewey – malcolmdeweyfineart.com) Value $25
- Working in Relief on the Painted Surface (Lisa L. Cyr – cyrstudio.com) Value $350
- Love Your Life Creative Journal Class (Andrea Schroeder – creativedreamincubator.com) Value $73
- Create Connections with Joyful Snail Mail (Consie Sindet – atopserenityhill.com) Value $42
- Bird Collection (Josie De Meo – josiedemeo.com) Value $161
- BLACK and GOLD (Ildikó Karsay – artbyildy.com) Value $50
- R.E.A.T.E. Embracing a Creative Habit (Christa Forrest – creativesoulsart.com) Value $20
- A Walk to the Lake (Richard Robinson – nzpainter.com) Value $45
- Sketchbook Express (Jerney Marisha – jerneymarisha.com) Value $23
- Ladies with character (Yvonne Morell – yvonnemorell.com) Value $57
- Digital Marbling: Create Stunning Abstract Art in Procreate (Rich Armstrong – taptapkaboom.com) Value $43
- Alla Prima Oil Painting (Nataliya Gurshman – natikart.com) Value $150
- Winter Birch Trees in Watercolor (Leslie Lambert (Redhead) – leslieredheadart.com) Value $19
- Intuitive Collage For Emotional Insight (Shelley Klammer – expressiveartworkshops.com) Value $30
- Creative Art Journaling (Addie Hirschten – studioalchemy.art) Value $60
- A Certain Darkness is Needed to See the Stars (Tamara Laporte – willowing.org) Value $23
- Exploring Watercolor 101 LITE (Kolbie Blume – thiswritingdesk.com) Value $49
- Abstract Journey mixed media workshop (Shawn Petite – shawnpetite.com) Value $67
- Dry Brush Lettering: How to Create a Textured Style the Easy Way (Shelley Hitz – yourcreativeadventure.com) Value $39
- Abstract Watercolor Painting Backgrounds (Chris V – octopusconnection.com) Value $27
- Painting Bees With Alcohol Inks (Kellie Chasse – kelliechassefineart.com) Value $50
- Beyond the Layers, Creating Figures in Oils & Cold Wax (Marina Teding van Berkhout – marinatvb.com) Value $67
- Art Journaling Flow (Irit Landgraf – iritlandgraf.com) Value $45
- Artist Websites that Sell (Cory Huff – theabundantartist.com) Value $49
- How To Find Your Art Style: A Hands-On Guide! (Patricia Caldeira – doncorgi.com) Value $15
- Coach Yourself to Creativity (Nadia Arbach – clearthedecks.co.uk) Value $97
- Animal Magic Journaling Coloring Kit (Amanda Jessie – amandajessiestudios.com) Value $5
- Chaos Mixed Media (Christina Miles – wingsnscales.com) Value $28 <————————–ME<——<——-
- Washi Tape Mixed Media Girl (Karen Campbell – awesomeartschool.com) Value $24
- Unicorn Bliss – Find Your Bliss Mid in the Chaos (Alexandra Kleinichen – alexkhealthcoach.com) Value $39
- Mermaid Muse (Tiare Smith – tiaresmith.com) Value $25
- Through the Looking Glass of Layers (Mary Beth Shaw – stencilgirlstudio.com) Value $19
- Fall Truck with Pumpkins Painting Masterclass (Pamela Groppe – pamelagroppe.com) Value $37
- Moments in Time (Katrina Koltes – katrinakoltes.com) Value $23
- Next Jeneration Friday Creation’s (Jenny Manno – jennymanno.com) Value $5
- Watercolour Tutorial Mini Bundle (Kerrie Woodhouse – kerriewoodhouse.com) Value $42
- Color Theory for Illustrators: a Fun Beginner’s Guide to Creative Colour (Brooke Glaser – brookeglaser.com) Value $35
- Create your own: Mixed Media Inspiration Cards (Consie Sindet – atopserenityhill.com) Value $24
- Cosmic Colours Intuitive Art Workshop (Michelle Mann – michellemannart.com) Value $99
- The Nature heArt Journal (Francisca Nunes – franciscanunes.com) Value $76
- Your Art Biz Refresh + Refocus Retreat Ecourse (Bonnie Glendinning – theartistsmentor.com) Value $27
- KuanYin, an Oil Pastel Class (Lucy Morningstar – lucymorningstar.art) Value $29
- Key to Luminous Paintings (Layne Johnson – laynejohnson.com) Value $69
- Watercolor Leaves (Nicki Traikos – lifeidesign.com) Value $47
- Discover Nature Sketching (Christine Elder – christineelder.com) Value $50
- Sculpting Solana (Suzette Hussey – suzettehussey.com) Value $50
- Flora the Chook (Anna Battle – shinyhappyartonline.com) Value $32
- 10 Minutes to Take-Off! (John Middick – sharpenedartist.com) Value $39
- Simple book-making & eco-printing on paper (Ellie Beck – petalplum.com.au) Value $35
- How To Paint A Landscape Mural (Joe Cornelius – muraljoe.com) Value $69
- Mixed Media Abstract Book Page (Jenny Manno – jennymanno.com) Value $23
- Watercolor Wonderland: Rainbows, Abstracts, and Mark-Making, Oh My! (Kimma Smith – kimmasmithart.com) Value $35
- Acrylic Painting Introduction (Rod Moore – learntopaint.academy) Value $47
- Painting the Shoreline in Watercolour – The Beachcomber’s Bounty (Alison Fennell – thepotteringartist.co.uk) Value $37
- King Charles Spaniel (Colin Bradley – colinbradleyart.com) Value $13
- How to make it POP! (Mimi Bondi – mimibondi.com) Value $18
- Mastering the Basics of Handmade Journals (Kiala Givehand – kialagivehand.com) Value $22
- Illuminated Pages May (Renata Loree – renataloree.com) Value $45
- Creative Soul LIVE – She Is One With The Elements (Christa Forrest – creativesoulsart.com) Value $12
- Ocean’s Poem: a Creativity and Art Journal Course (Melanie Rivers – melanierivers.ca) Value $39
- Wander Journal (Lorraine Bell – lorrainebell.com) Value $28
- Loose Watercolor Florals (Kolbie Blume – thiswritingdesk.com) Value $20
- 7 Day Doodle Challenge (Jane Snedden Peever – jspcreate.com) Value $25
- Mixed Media Canvas Collage Class (Keren Tamir – kerentamir.com) Value $40
- Art Journal Playdate with Jennibellie (Jennibellie – journalworkshops.ning.com) Value $37
- Autumn Leaves in Watercolor (Leslie Lambert (Redhead) – leslieredheadart.com) Value $19
- Intuitive Painting: Organic Collage (Beth K. Bedbury – bethkbedbury.com) Value $33
- Queen of the Scene – Forest Queen (Andrea Gomoll – andrea-gomoll.de) Value $20
- Abstract Flowers (Dina Wakley – dinawakley.com) Value $30
- Creative Dream HOLYDay (Andrea Schroeder – creativedreamincubator.com) Value $73
- Making Alice (Tamara Laporte – willowing.org) Value $23
- Hands Reference Pack for Artists (Patricia Caldeira – doncorgi.com) Value 1$
- Journal With Me! 2020 Taster Session (Sue Young – sujatistudio.com) Value $16
- Create your own: Prayer Pocket Flags (Consie Sindet – atopserenityhill.com) Value $24
- Introduction to Faux-Calligraphy and Modern Calligraphy (Essy Chen – com/essy_creates) Value $19
- Rock Your Art Journal (with colouring books) (Amanda Jessie – amandajessiestudios.com) Value $26
- Paint Loose Watercolour Flowers – Glorious Gladioli (Alison Fennell – thepotteringartist.co.uk) Value $25
- Next Jeneration Friday Creation’s #2 (Jenny Manno – jennymanno.com) Value $5
- Stencil 101 (Mary Beth Shaw – stencilgirlstudio.com) Value $19
- Illuminated Pages June (Renata Loree – renataloree.com) Value $45
- Snail Mail Art with Love (Kelli May-Krenz – kellimaykrenz.com) Value $65
- How to Paint Flesh (Kimberly Brooks – kimberlybrooks.com) Value $49
- Creative Soul LIVE – Mindfulness is Magical (Christa Forrest – creativesoulsart.com) Value $12
- Miniature Food with Polymer Clay for Beginners (Maha Atef – selsal.online) Value
I am one of the presenters in the Healing with Creativity Retreat August 20 & 21, 2020.
Register Today for FREE access for your online retreat
You get free access Aug 20 & 21, includes free gifts just for registering
Want to upgrade to a VIP member, only $47
- Unlimited access to content
- Meet and Greet with the presenters
- Free Bonus Gifts for VIP members only
Hurry over so you don’t miss out on any of the amazing presentations
Looking forward to seeing you there.
This is going to be a such a wonderful healing experience you may not want to miss out on. There are 2 days you can sign up for the free event and have full access to the view and be creative along with the amazing group of creatives. I have been asked to participate in this event and am blessed that I was able to join. My project is very expressive and very simple to paint. You just need a handful of goodies and you are good to go~
My project is called ” Going In Circles”. I chose this title because sometimes that is how I feel my life has been lately. We are all in a mixed up world right now and sometimes we need to get out of that state of mind. This was my way of doing that and I hope you will find it helpful for you too!
Click HERE to enjoy a weekend of calm, peace, love and a little less stress!
You wonder why this title for this painting??? and what does it mean??? I absolutely love to look up words on thesaurus.com. Its the perfect place to look for alternate words that mean the same thing or have similar meanings. Perspicuity means ~
Items used to create this project
Paints: mixed brands
- Metallic green
- Golden Fluid – Nikle Azo Gold
- Cordless airbrush – my new favorite tool – https://amzn.to/398ekQ4 12×12 canvas gallery wrapped
- water bottle
transparency I see
through the layers of love
my heart is content